Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Friday, September 13, 2013

My First Experience of 2 hours Standstill Traffic on a Highway in China !! *nightmare*

While I was travelling on a 6 hours bus to Chonqing, a major city in southwest of China, I was stuck in a standstill traffic.  This is my first encounter on a standstill traffic, I was stuck about two hours on the road.

All vehicles had switch off its engine. This signalling that it will be a long hours to wait.

During raining season, road accident along the highway had become common due to slippery road. The highway heading from Guiyang to Chonqing only have two lane and one smaller lane for emergency. If one truck overturned it could be a nightmare for all of us !

One hour have passed and no cars seems to be moving...


From Far away, you could see some guys finding their comfortable spot to *Pee* 放水 erhmm....



After awhile... from far you could see a few villagers piggy back a basket and holding two flasks as they walk along the traffic. They were selling titbits and instant noodles !

As a foreigner, I was impress at their fast action on its business opportunity.
If it were happened in Malaysia, I don't think people would ever thought of that.. or perhaps is because rural area in China were very much poorer.

Those Villagers are willing to piggy back heavy basket of goods to sell.
As for me being stuck at this standstill traffic, I am very much bless to have them as I have no idea how long my tummy could last if the traffic is not going to move.



One of my travel mates bought a titbits from them, a packet of nuts that cost 4yuan.
My travel mate offer to give her 5yuan instead but she refuse to accept it and insisted to return her back 1yuan.

This is my first time witness a honest seller in China, (I have been cheated by them a few times) they don't even hike up the price which I think most people would do. As time goes by demand on food increase, they could easily hike up the price because soon desperate people will definitely buy from them.

 Note that we stuck at the middle of no where... !! The distant from the toilet is far away~~

I could see more and more guys finding their spot to pee >.<

One of the old aunties that I travel with, is in need to pee, she couldnt climb over the embankment due to leg problem. One of the uncle suggested her to use ....... *faint*


DIAPERS !!! 




So our city folk ! Please be well prepared for the worst case scenarios in China !!
Diapers can be very useful in this time of emergency period !

So Bring on the Diapers !!!!


After two hours.... Traffic started to move and I witness an overturn truck.....








Sincerely,
Eileen














1 comment:

  1. @@ sounds really bad! I mean I get stuck in a 2 hour MOVING jam and I feel like dying already. You're really patient!

    ReplyDelete