Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Health Awareness #1 : Unusual Eczema on Lips

Hello everyone !

Today is my first personal Health Awareness Post. I hope my readers could be benefited from this post and spread out the awareness.

Recently I have developed a very dry lip condition. It had occur for a duration for almost a year plus. It was a terrible and uncomfortable experience.

Here are some photos....




This is the worst crack I ever gotten, it swell so badly in the morning. As you can see the surrounding of my lips were orange red. Whenever I try to move my lips around, it hurts. 




Sometimes it gets better and show a little of cracks..



Sometimes my lips just wanna de-skin itself. Felt like a snake... -.- 


I have tried several lip balm such as Vaseline, Avene, mentholatum and others. 
But it just doesn't work!! ( Was really frustrated with the result!!)  


When your lips start to crack, it look awful on your appearance. Especially when it not only starts to crack but it start to swell and occasionally blood oozing out. There is this one time, I got to carry a tissue around so that I can stop the bleeding whenever my lips cracked terribly.

I went to look for a doctor after a few months suffering from this condition. One of the reason why it took me so long to see a doctor because everyone seems to assume that dry lips caused by
 1)dehydration  2)too much heat in body 3) hot weather

So I went to see a doctor and he told me that I might be allergic to something, maybe the food I been eating? I was like....huh.. you sure?? Because for the past 21 years of my life, I have no such allergic to any food. Both of my parents family members has no food allergic that had been heard off.

The doctor advised that, I should eat plain porridge and slowly add pork, chicken and so on to my diet.After hearing this....OMG -.-

To tell you the truth, I didn't take his advise.

So my lips still cracks months after months. During 2014 Chinese New Year, I meet my cousin who recommended me to Dr. Ranjit a dermatologist at Subang Jaya.

Went there and turn out to be I am having eczema on my lips !! I was shocked !
I am unaware that eczema can be on lips.

He prescribed me some cream for my lips and pills.

After 3 days, my lips have improved tremendously :D




I finally got my sexy lip back :D

Wooo hooo !!

New Update on 23 Feb 2014 

Forgotten to mention that I have to abstain from spicy and acidic food.
No Chilli nor citrus fruits.

Kinda sad because I love to eat chili :(

Yesterday I accidentally ate one slide of chilli and my lips swollen -.-


Information on Dermatologist Dr Ranjit on Facebook - Dr Ranjit Clinic


With Courage,
Eileen

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing but is it possible to share the cream name and all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing but is it possible to share the cream name and all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angeline, the doctor mixed its own ingredients thus I dont know whats inside. I used that for a few months and now currently I am using vaseline these days. It works and you got to applied it diligently every hours if your lips really needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. You still keep the medicine? Can take picture show me ? Thanks, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. You still keep the medicine? Can take picture show me ? Thanks, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for sharing can you please share if your lips are still fine? Was the cream an allopathic medicine. I would like to talk to you about it more. For me too it's been more than year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stroke affects the activity of the brain. The clogging of arteries especially the carotid artery occurs with the deposition of plaque, which over the years, develops without showing any major symptoms, increasing the risks of a stroke. The corporate employee health programs focus upon early detection of this disease, giving people a chance to avoid this disease.
    diabetes chipotle


    ReplyDelete
  8. Pharmacy products offered by UK online Chemists include the following categories - baby, beauty, embarrassing, feminine health, general health, medicines, pregnancy, sexual health, toiletries, travel and vitamins. 4f mph vendor

    ReplyDelete