Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

the.Dayak Review ( An unique Experience to Dayak Food )





This is my second time to Kuching !! I have been trying all sort of Kuching famous food such as Kolo Mee, Laksa Mee, 3 layer tea and so on. Mostly all food that I have tried here are Chinese food. 


When My Buddy told me that there is this new Dayak Restaurant in town selling Dayak food, I was all excited because I have never tried any minority food before and I am getting all curious about it :D 



Here we are at the.Dyak ! ! ! ! 






Very nice atmosphere and cool interior design :) 










Here are the list of menu I taken during my visit : 

For those who have planned to pay a visit to this restaurant, can start planning on what to order :P 














Here is what we order : 

Before the start of our meal, we will be give a a cup of hot water with our utensil soak in it. 
Good Practice ! Killing all the germs !!  ^^



My unpolished whole-grain indigenous rice on "Replica Ching Dynasty Porcelain" 

Taste wise very different from our typical white rice, this is harder because is an unpolished rice. 
You can taste the original taste of rice grains. not a bad try after all.....
It doesn't taste as good as white rice but is hell ya more healthy!!  



If you are in Kuching, there are two vegetable dishes you have to try and one of it is Paku vegetables !! 
This is Paku Kudok RM 10. 
Beware of this dish is totally opposite cooking than our typical Chinese cooking. 
Usually Paku dish in Chinese style is usually soft but in Dayak style is CHEWY and TASTE RAW. 

To order the dish or not... *think twice*




This dish is called Manok Lulun RM 23 

The Chicken is actually stewed in the bamboo with tapioca leaves. 
Is a traditional dish served during the Dayak Feasts.
This soup indeed taste salty ( yup, according to the menu description)

In my opinion, the chicken is too overly cooked. cant even eat it !! :/  
I guess this dish is more towards a soup dish. So people.. who order this dish.. is mainly for the soup. 




This Dish is Jani Tunu RM23 
This is the closes to Chinese style of cooking compare to the rest :O 
The two different sauces taste really good ! I keep dipping my meat into the sauce :D 

We couldn't eat the first two dishes, so we were quite happy that at last there is something good that suit our taste buts....haha.. 




Lastly our dessert !! Tuak Ice Cream RM8

I quite like it, the Tuak ( Alcoholic ) combination with the vanilla flavoured ice cream gives a unique twist on your taste buts ! A not bad combination.



Overall is a very unique experience trying a totally different food of other culture. 
I would really recommend you to drop by and just try a few dishes. 
It would be a totally eye opening food experience for you;) 


Here is the information of the.Dyak : 







*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. This review is time sensitive; changes may occur to the place later on that can affect this opinion. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from this place for writing the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment