Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Saturday, September 6, 2014

An eulogy for my good friend, Chong Poee.





Dear Poee,

I am very honoured to have known you and to have had the pleasure to be your housemate in that somewhat rundown house in TTS2 for over two years!! I remembered how you disliked the red sofa in the living room so much that you resolved to remove it by any means possible! In the end, it ended up in the porch and became a haven for animals, mainly stray dogs and cats. Haha…

You had taught me a valuable life lesson; to live our lives to the fullest! Indeed, you had shown it throughout the years. You are always the daredevil, willing to explore and try new things. When you are back from Yellowstone, the United States, you told me how much you enjoyed the nature there and your wish to be back in the States again! And you, being the person you are, indeed returned again after a year but this time to the beautiful place, Alaska. You are truly an example of living a life without regrets. You will grab every opportunity to explore the road not taken. Sadly, life is just too short. When you departed, I realised that I had forsaken all these important messages that you had once conveyed to me two years ago! I am not as strong as you to have the courage to explore the depths of the waters, but now you had shown me that life is indeed sometimes too short to just think; that sometimes, we have to just chase after it rather than simply fear it. I finally get what you mean now.   

I regretted that I haven’t had the chance to bring you to visit the nightclubs. We housemates were so curious at the time and yet we just never had the chance. It would probably turn out to be an unforgettable night out. I remembered how positive you were when situations just go haywire.  You were calm when you were late for class (wait…you’re always late for class!!!), you were laughing when you locked yourself out, leaving your key inside the locked room (I got someone to smash your door...haha! ) and you were totally relaxed when you didn’t bring your student ID for examination.  

I will always remember your jolly good spirit and your unforgettable laughter! Your life will not be forgotten as you had left a legacy behind and an important remembrance for me. Your postive attitude and thoughts of living life to the fullest without regrets will always be engraved in my heart. I promise you, I will be brave just like you! I will try my best to explore the world on your behalf!

Lastly, thank you, Poee!!

May you rest in peace and enjoy yourself to the max in heaven!!

I know you will….

Sincerely,
Eileen Pang. 


           

2 comments: