Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Little Wonton @ Taman Tun Dr Ismail, A Day Deaf Restaurant.

Little Wonton, a one day Deaf Restaurant. 

A week ago, I noticed something interesting in my FB timeline where a guy named Syed Azmi from TTDI FB community posted about this upcoming Deaf Restaurant on the 28 Sep. I was long ago supportive of this idea of hiring people who is impaired in speech and hearing into the services industry. This enable to bring them closer to the society and being self reliant. 

 I am really happy that Little Wonton @TTDI willing to took up this initiative to start off this project. 



Sadly, is only a one time event, which is on the 28 September and only last for 6 hours! 
I hope they would do it more often!


Little Wonton is located on the first floor, just right above 99 Speedmart. 


Once you spot this sign, proceed to the staircase. 


There were already a huge crowd when I enter around 3pm. 


No idea how to communicate with them? 

NO WORRIES! 

Surrounding the restaurant wall have a few helpful posters!!! 




Beside that, their menu were specifically design to ease you in your sign language learning process!!

So blessed! It is very easy to pick up and the waiters and waitresses were so helpful! 



One of the waiter who served us, name called Mr Wong. 

He was a bit reserved at first, probably shy. 

Thank goodness that I did some sign language homework before coming here. 

We were able to exchange our name and ask each other how are you! 

He is really friendly and helpful in teaching me sign language. 

Thanks Mr Wong :) 

If I am not mistaken throughout my sign language communication, he mentioned that he is still single and hope that he will able to find a suitable partner in future to get married. 

I hope you will find one soon! You can do it :) 


In each table, they have this pocket handbook where you can learn a few useful sign language while waiting for your order to come :) 


Here come the food !!!


Green tea@RM4

Their green tea is refillable thus is why probably price at RM4.  


Curry Laksa@RM6.9

Delicious !! I love the soup base, keep drinking it hehe... 
Love the aroma and the black charcoal noodles. 

The portion were perfect for me but definitely not enough for those who is a big eater! 


Kaya Banana Wanton @ RM7.9

Interesting combination for me ! Not bad. 


No Tax and Service Charge!! *HAPPY*



A special thanks to Little Wonton, Malaysian Federation of the Deaf, Mr Wong who assist me in my orders and also to those who assist in this project! 

I have finally experience how to talk in sign language!

What I have learned today have been very meaningful. 

I hope with this few sign language that I picked up today enable me to communicate to people who uses sign language.   



 With Love, 
Elena







2 comments: