Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Health Awareness #2: Illness called Traveler's Diarrhea



During my travel around Cambodia I have developed severe diarrhoea after eating Japanese Buffet in Phnom Penh.

I think it should be the fresh Oyster that make me sick !! Perhaps I didn't put enough lime juice to kill off the bacteria? >.<

Beside that, I have diarrhoea at a really wrong timing!!! *damm*

The thing is the next morning I have to travel on the road for 8 hours to Siem Reap.

There is hardly any clean tourist rest room on the way.

The roads that we are using is comparable to a "Kampung Road"

*NIGHTMARE FOR ME*

So I swallows severals charcoal pills and some Chinese small little pills to get ready for me journey back to Siem Reap.

Thank God ! No urge to the toilet.

After that incident till I am back home, I still have occasionally terrible stomach cramping and bad diarrhoea.

Went to the see a doctor today that took me almost 2 hours in the waiting area!

I was diagnosed having Traveler's diarrhoea and will have to eat 4 types of medicine including antibiotic.

Went to the internet to google about Traveler's diarrhoea, found out that it has affected about 10 millions international travellers annually.

Usual symptoms are like abdominal cramps, nausea, bloating and three or more unformed stools within 24 hours.

I guess I am not alone after all...

My advice: When you are travelling, try your best not to take raw food! My case was I am too tempted because the Oyster looks so huge and taste delicious :(

Lesson learned !


Sincerely,
Elena





No comments:

Post a Comment