Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Pickle & Fig @ TTDI (Updated on 23 March 2014)

Update : ( 23 March, 2014)

After my not so nice experience (refer to below) with the coffee from Pickle & Fig, the co-founder saw my review and offer me two complementary drinks off their drinks menu for my next visit. 

Thus on 23 March 2014, I visited Pickle & Fig again on a similar day and same time too from my previous visit. Somehow I just wanna to have a more accurate review ;) 

I have to agree that their coffee have improved a lot from my previous experience. 

Both of my flat white and mocha have nicer design and taste much better. 




Flat White Before : 



Flat White after : 



The form were consisting, not too thick nor too thin :) 



So for the Mocha....


Mocha Before : 


Mocha After : 



Thanks for the complimentary drinks. 

It was great to see that the coffee quality had improved from my previous visit! 


Now, Pickle & Fig provides delivery services too ! 

Go check it out at Room Service :) 






So to all of my Coffee Lover friends, if you do encounter in future that the coffee you have ordered were not up to your taste/quality, you could try and approach the barista for a new cup. 

According to my friend, is a common practice from oversea countries like Europe or America that if you are dissatisfied with your drinks, you could ask for a new cup. Same goes to food as well. 


Best Regards,
Elena. 

Note : As the coffee were complimentary drinks from Pickle & Fig, no rating were placed. 





Pickle & Fig were rated as one of the best coffee in KL by Timeoutkl

Was excited to pay a visit to this place as it not only served coffee it served a variety of sandwiches. 





I felt disappointed when the cashier told me that its kitchen is closed because there were a ***BOM*** in the afternoon... What an expression -.-

He meant that there were too many customers in the afternoon causing them  to run out of food supplies.  

Thus its kitchen closed much earlier than expected. 

They even run out of Ice. 

What happened to your stock Manager? -.-





Decks of cards and some boardgames to pass your time with you friends. 

kinda like the idea ! :) 







Sigh...couldn't try their Panini...






Spotted this ! So cute !! 





They have a very large table for about 12- 14 person seating ! 

No worries for people who are coming with a big group of friends.


Here comes the coffee...


Flat White -RM 8 

Another disappointing Flat White

I thought I had the bad one from Coffea Coffee @ The Curve but this one is really bad!! 

Is so milky !!! It can't be possible called a Flat White >:( 

At some point I thought I were drinking a glass of milk instead a Flat white...... 








Taste : 1/10 

Sorry peeps..this is totally a disappointment for me. 

I can't believe what luck I had with two times in the roll with no art design on my Flat White.

The best Flat White I had is still from Butter + Beans @ Happy Mansion and Muhka Cafe @ TTDI were quite nice too.   




Mocha- RM9 


I was staring at the design..thinking that whether it resemble something... 

After a few minutes.. I decided to design it myself.  



I couldn't taste the espresso. 

The portion weren't right I guess. 

After awhile I thought I were drinking milo >< 

Taste : 4/10




I am not sure why they charged service charge because it was a self service order.

I understand that sometime the experienced barista might be not available at the time of my visit but I think the owner/ manager should give a proper training first to amateur barista so that it could live up the standard of one of the top coffee place in KL.

Reason is I felt that the barista that were attending to me were an amateur. It makes me feel that I am a guinea pig. 


Verdict : No Coffee again in this place.
Maybe I would give the Panini a try some time later. 



Best Regards, 
Eileen



Attention for Coffee Lovers !!


Here is my summary of 2014 (Jan -March) Coffee Review : 

Best Flat White : Butter + Beans @ Happy Mansion


Best Ice Mocha : Muhka Coffee @ TTDI

Best Cold Brew : Whisk, Outpost @ 1 Utama


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. This review is time sensitive; changes may occur to the place later on that can affect this opinion. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from this place for writing the review.


No comments:

Post a Comment