Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day -7 to CNY : Dipping London Almond Cookies into Steaming Chocolate Pot ....Yum Yum !!

Is been a tradition for me and my mama to always dip her London cookies into the chocolate Pot together since I was about the age of 10 years old..


A total of 13 years of tradition and lovely moments with my mama :)


Is always been the same process.... even the cooking pot still stay same for over 13 years haha.!!



The same old National Brand Cooking Pot had never fail us so far.. Still Rock and Roll *Yay*





Just that the chocolate we took this time was Beryl's Dark Chocolate :) It taste better !


It taste kinda sweet and a little bitter taste. *Yum* 



That is sure lots of tiny paper cups Because Me and my Mama were going dip a total 800 London Almond Cookies !! About 5 years back my mama decided to sell her London Almond Cookies.
 She have received too many orders and we end up in the kitchen dipping chocolate from 7pm to 1am.

Beside that She even fall sick during Chinese New Year with a Bad cough that last her months to recover. Since then I have banned her from taking orders.  Health is more important after all :) 


Setting up trays for the London Almond Cookies 


This is vegetable oil also known as Shortening. It will be added together with the melted chocolate.
It add shine to chocolate * some blink blink* 




These are my mum lovely London Almond Cookies that we are going to dip into the chocolate. 

She made these till 1 am.. is very tedious job and is not easy to wrap the roasted almond with the dough. 

The roasted almond must not cover with too thick biscuits if not it doesn't taste good. You need to wrap it until ngam ngam cover it up.. As in precisely cover up the almonds with the biscuits till not too thin not too thick.



Here the process of adding a few pieces of biscuits onto the chocolate pot one by one.





After dipping it, take it out and put onto the paper cup.








These are almond chips, an important deco for the last finishing. 


Ta Da....My Mama Lovely London Almond Cookies ! 



After finishing up about 600 of London Almond Cookies..... My feet become sore from standing from the same position and doing the same thing over and over again >< 

Thank God I am here to be able to assist my mama :)



Almost Finishing up..... *Hurray* 




These two biscuits some how were accidentally stick together haha... Me and mama both each took one to try :) 

Thanks for all the hard-work and time spending to bake cookies for us to eat ! 


I love you Mama <3  




Love, 
Elena
















No comments:

Post a Comment