Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Simple Dish Survival Food against UNMC SA monopoly Food Court !

I hadn't have time to blog much these days as I have been catching up with my enthusiastic  hardworking friend on their Japanese Homework ><

Who ever is studying in UNMC, you must have known that, the new Cafeteria have been burning holes on your wallet these days.

A few days ago, I was eating with my friends in the new Cafeteria. She order a very simple Bihun with only A FEW vegetable like Kangkung in the Bihun.....

Guess how much was it ???? WELL.... is RM 3 !!! Wui... is just Bihun leh... there is no meat also !!!

Another friend of mine order Fried Rice and it cost RM 3.5 !!
Here's the thing.. the Fried rice is so plain and it doesn't have much vegetable on it.. no meat too!

Students in UNMC is going to be a Monk soon....

During my last semester, I still can afford to eat from the mixed rice stall where i can get some decent scope of vegetables and meat... but today.. there is no more stall like that..

Is been now replaced by a company ! Is a monopoly now ! Controlling almost all the food prices.

Thank God I brought my own Food that day.. phew..


So today mission is to blog about a simple dish  that you could just cook it in your OWN ROOM !

Today dish is "Steamed Okra with rice and soya sauce"


I am using a Multi-Cooker by the way :)

Pour water into the Pot and turn temperature into high heat.




I use a stainless Steel bowl and put my rice on it. I don't have a measuring cup, couldn't tell you how much rice I put in. Is all estimation. *agak-agak*


Pour water into the bowl and wash the rice. 
After that pour the water away.




Pour in new water, as usual this is estimation too.. *agak-agak* 
I pour the water at the level that is enough to cover up the rice. 
Less water is better than more water, unless you dont mind eating congee aka bubur. 
Water can be add later on if is not sufficient.




Once the Pot water is boil, turn it down to high medium heat.  
Place the rice bowl in the centre. 



While you are waiting for your rice to be ready, take out your Okra. 



Remember to wash your Okra first !! 





Cut the top and bottom of your Okra. 





After cutting your Okra, check on your rice, it should be half way cook by then. 
Remember if at this stage, the rice is still hard and dry, pour in a bit of water. 



When your rice is almost done, put your clean and cut Okra on top of the rice.



After 4 minutes, Your rice and Okra is done ! 



Here is your roughly 15 minutes quick cook dish "Steamed Okra with rice and soya sauce' 



Okra with Soya Sauce taste super nice !! Just Try it !
Can Save $$$ :P


Hope you guys can have a quick and cheap lunch/dinner with this recipe !

Enjoy :)



With Love,
Elena.



No comments:

Post a Comment